About Veterans Service
The Nassau County Veterans’ Service Office provides free benefit claims counseling and information and referral assistance to veterans, their dependents, and survivors.
- Have a question regarding your entitlement to State and Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) Veterans’ Benefits? We have the answer for you.
- Need assistance completing benefit claim paperwork? We will complete, file and follow up on your claim.
- Have you been denied DVA veterans’ benefits? We can assist you in filing a notice of disagreement and further assist you with the appeal process.
- Need to obtain a verification of eligibility or verification of benefits for financial assistance programs? We can verify and complete necessary paperwork.
- Need assistance understanding DVA decisions or correspondence? Our experienced claims officers work closely with the DVA to make the process of obtaining benefits easy for you.
- We also provide information and assistance on Health Care eligibility, Home Loan Programs, Government Life Insurance, and the Vocational Rehabilitation Program for veterans’ with disabilities.