Contact Information

Official Records Department
Phone: (904) 548-4604
Fax: (904) 548-4549


Please be advised:

Notice for Official Records

On or after October 1, 2002, any person preparing or filing a document for recordation in the Official Records may not include a social security number in such document, unless required by law.

Any person has a right to request a county recorder to remove, from an image or copy of an official record placed on a county recorder's publicly available Internet website or on a publicly available Internet website used by a county recorder to display public records or otherwise made electronically available to the general public, any social security number contained in an official record. Such request must be made in writing and delivered by mail, facsimile, or electronic transmission, or delivered in person, to the county recorder. The request must specify the identification page number that contains the social security number to be redacted. A fee may not be charged for the redaction of a social security number pursuant to such a request.


As of 6/21/2010 the Recording Department will provide 5 minute turn around on all documents that are recorded.


Beginning November 1, 2009, the Recording Department will be requiring the RECORDING TRANSMITTAL COVER SHEET with all recorded documents. 

You can download this cover sheet Here

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.



E-Recording is now Available in Nassau County

Electronic recording of documents such as deeds, mortgages, and other land records documents is now live. Customers can electronically send documents via the internet to Recording Department. For more information and to begin submitting Electronic documents please visit the Simplifile website for more details.

| Official Simplifile Press Release

Ingeo E-Recording

Effective Tuesday December 9, 2008

Effective Tuesday, December 9, 2008, the Nassau County Clerk’s Office will implement a new procedure concerning Tax Deed sales.  Bidding on a tax deed may begin with $1 over the opening bid amount, however, each bid after the opening bid must be called out with a minimum of $100 increments.  If you have any questions, please contact the Recording Department at 904-548-4604.

Effective June 1st, 2008

The Nassau County Clerk of Court will no longer be accepting DR219 forms. The Governor has signed HB 7019, which repeals section 201.022 of the Florida Statutes. This means as of June 1st, 2008, you will no longer be required to submit the Florida Department of Revenue DR-219 form with any document transferring interest in real property. If the correct amount of doc stamps is not paid, this could result in penalties owed to and collected by the Florida Department of Revenue. The Documentary Stamp tax is based on $0.70 per $100.00 of the sale price, or outstanding mortgage balance. In order for us to record your document (s), you must be sure to include a minimum of $0.70 with each conveyance. Please take note of this change and adjust your records as necessary. If you have any questions please contact the Recording department.

Per Florida Statute 28.222

Official Records are documents which are required by Florida Law to be recorded in the Official Records Series of each county. These documents are presented for recording by the public as well as the court system and include, but are not limited to: deeds, plats, mortgages, liens, affidavits, subdivision plats, judgments, declarations of domicile, satisfactions and releases, powers of attorney and financing statements. This series of records is designed to create a permanent record of these important documents.

The Recording Department of the Clerk's office is responsible for the recording, protecting, preserving, and disseminating of official records. Many other services relating to official records are available from this department. In 1998 we installed an optical imaging system for the search and storage of public records. This system greatly enhances and simplifies the maintenance of these records as well as providing better public access to the records not only in the office but through internet searches as well.


The Official Records database includes items recorded since August 31st, 1982. The Clerk's Office presents the information on this web site as a service to the public. The Clerk's Office makes no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or at other sites to which we link. Assessing accuracy and reliability of information is the responsibility of the user. This user is advised to search on all possible spelling variations of proper names in order names in order to maximize search results.

The index information that is provided may not reflect all updates, changes or rulings. Please note that the information may be partial and does not take the place of a search of the actual documents and court files. Some dates shown on the index are approximated where the original document did not have a recording date. Sealed or expunged records may not be disclosed. Portions of certain documents may have been redacted as required by law.

The Clerk's Office shall not be liable for errors contained herein or for any damages in connection with the use of the information contained herein. Any person or entity using this information hereby releases the Clerk and its officers, agents and employees from any and all claims arising from the use of this site or the information contained herein.

The Clerk maintains all immunities provided by law including, without limitation, the limits of liability found in Section 768.28, Florida Statutes.

Communications made by email to this site or to the Clerk's office shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the Clerk or any of its employees with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the Clerk or any of its employees, where notice is required by any federal, state, or local laws, rules or regulations.

Frequently Asked Questions

I have lost my deed, what can I do?

You may purchase a copy from the Recording Department at any of the three Clerk of Courts offices in Nassau County. If you wish to have the copy certified, it is then the equivalent of the original document.

How can I change my name on my deed?

A new deed will need to be prepared by you or your attorney. It must then be recorded in the Clerk's Official Records.

How Can I determine how much was paid for a parcel of land?

Divide the total amount of documentary stamp tax paid by the rate per hundred dollars in that year. The rate changes every year or so as determined by the Florida Legislature, and this list can be obtained from through the Clerk of Courts Recording Department.